The purpose of this spell is to help you move on from something that’s clinging onto you.
Now, a disclaimer because I know the Death card can be frightening for some; the card doesn’t mean you’re going to die or that someone in your life will die. It’s a means to an end, a chapter ending, a necessary change, transformation, and new beginnings.
gif credit to @t-errapinart
What You’ll Need
- The Death tarot card
- A black candle
- New moon water
- A vessel of sorts (can be a cup, mug, or bowl)
- Dandelions, preferably ones that are in their white puff stage
- A dried up rose or dried up rose petals
What To Do
- Take your candle, place it behind your vessel, and light your candle to begin.
- Lay your Death card in front of the vessel.
- Place your dandelions and chicory in the vessel.
- Then, take your rose/rose petals and burn them till they become ashes; afterwards throw those ashes in the vessel.
- Pour your moon water onto the herbs.
- Take your candle now and a few drops of black wax into the water.
- Stir the water with your finger now clockwise four times, envision the things you need to let go of/the things that are clinging to you and preventing you from moving on in your life as you stir the water.
- Afterwards, mediate on the card for a while; visualize the energies of the Death card surrounding you and plucking away the things holding you back.
- Once you feel you’ve mediated enough you may blow out the candle to end the ritual.